E Admission to the United States / Duration of Stay / Extension of Status

An E nonimmigrant may be initially admitted to the United States for two (2) years, and may apply for an extension of his nonimmigrant status in increments of two (2) years. There is no limitation period for how long an individual may remain in the United States as an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant; that is, extensions of stay may be granted indefinitely as long as the foreign national affirms that he will leave the United States when his period of authorized stay ends.

This guide was developed by Meyers & Meyers, LLP as a resource to help you understand some aspects of Immigration Law, which is very complex. It is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. We recommend you contact one of our experienced Immigration Attorneys to devise an individualized plan to help you and/or your company achieve your goals. Please contact Meyers & Meyers, LLP at [email protected] for assistance.

Albany Office
1734 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203

Albany Law Office Map

Saratoga Springs Office
Wise Building
60 Railroad Place, Suite 100
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Map & Directions