E Filing Requirements and Procedures

If an individual is in the United States in a lawful nonimmigrant status, he may petition USCIS to classify himself as an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant. If the individual is outside the United States, he may apply for an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant visa directly at a U.S. embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over his residence by filing an application for a nonimmigrant visa, along with a special supplement designed specifically for E-1 and E-2 nonimmigrants.

This guide was developed by Meyers & Meyers, LLP as a resource to help you understand some aspects of Immigration Law, which is very complex. It is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. We recommend you contact one of our experienced Immigration Attorneys to devise an individualized plan to help you and/or your company achieve your goals. Please contact Meyers & Meyers, LLP at [email protected] for assistance.

Albany Office
1734 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203

Albany Law Office Map

Saratoga Springs Office
Wise Building
60 Railroad Place, Suite 100
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Map & Directions