1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Temporary Nonimmigrant Visa Options
  4.  » 
  5. F Nonimmigrant Visa: Students
  6.  » Family Members of F Nonimmigrants

Family Members Of F Nonimmigrants


An F-1 nonimmigrant student’s spouse or unmarried minor child may follow to join the F-1 nonimmigrant student if the F-1 nonimmigrant student is or will be within thirty (30) days enrolled in a full course of study or is engaged in approved practical training program. Each family member will be separately issued their own SEVIS I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status.

Family members may not be employed and may not attend school. A child, however, may attend elementary through twelfth grade.